I know mine could have been better, but it was pretty darn good.
As I look back and reflect on what lessons and challenges 2015 has brought me, I have come to the realization of a few things that I would like to share with you to help you think a little differently about life and your goals.
1. ACCOUNTABILITY - No one else is going to make you get off your but and achieve your goals in life. You must take 100% accountability in your life and go after your dreams and goals in life. What is it you want? What goals do you want to achieve this next year? How many years have you been wanting that goal? What are the obstacles that are preventing you? What are you doing to eliminate and/or prevent those obstacles?
There have been points in my life where I may not have been too happy with the results I was getting. Once I realized I was accountable for what was going on in my life, and took ownership, I could begin to improve and make changes to better the situation. Sometimes you have to face the truth and look it right in the mirror. Overcome your ego and become a better person. You can do it!
2. TIME MANAGEMENT - We all have the same amount of time in each day - 86,400 seconds to be exact. What you choose to do with this time is what separates you from achieving your goals in life as quickly as possible. Manage your time well. Plan your day, work your plan. Make a list of your tasks for the day, and prioritize them. What is most important? Focus on what you have to get done, then do what it is you want to do. By taking care of your priorities in life, you will feel better about things and the direction your are heading. Make the most of your day, you will feel better and you will make progress towards your goals.
3. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF - How are your stress levels? What are you doing to manage stress. A good friend once told me, managing stress is one of the important things you can do in life. If you feel good, you will make better decisions. Go for a run, workout, take a hike, meditate, get a massage, take a power nap, whatever you prefer and whatever it takes to get your endorphins flowing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphins
4. MINDSET - What do you think about most of the time? Are you focused on abundance, gratitude, and prosperity? Or are you focused on drama, negativity, and lack? I know there have been points where I was always focused on debt. I was constantly telling myself, I am in debt. I getting more in debt. I can't manage money, etc... etc... Well guess what happened? I continued to get more and more in debt. I dug a deeper hole each month instead of digging out.
This year has been a breakthrough year for me in my money mindset and outlook on my finances. I have a plan now to get out of debt (not there yet but getting very close) I am focused on abundance and being grateful for what I have. I am purchasing my needs, and some of my wants. In the past I always tried to buy everything I wanted and all that did was get me into financial trouble. Get some money in the bank, take control of your finances. A great free resource to monitor your credit and get some tips on finances is www.creditkarma.com - check it out
5. ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE - Develop an Attitude of Gratitude. What are you grateful for? The universe will not give you more in life if you do not appreciate what you already have. Life could always be worse, life could always be better. If you live in the present moment and appreicate, truly appreciate each moment and what life provides, your mindset will change and you will be grateful on a daily basis.
One exercise I like to do each year is practicing gratitude. During the month of November, each day of the month I write down something I am grateful for. I do this for all 30 days during the month of November. You should see how it affects your life! It has helped me change my mindset and show greater appreciation for what I have in life. I have been happier with my job, and life and I feel that this helped contribute to my attitude. I challenge you to do the same. Write it down on a piece of paper and carry it with you all day. Think about what your are happy with in life. It will make a difference
I just wanted to share some thoughts for the new year. Make 2016 the best year ever. Make a difference in the lives of others in some form or fashion. Have an abundant mindset and be grateful for what you have, and you will get more of what you want!
Until next time...